No two people experiencing cognitive decline are alike. Our care-giving approach is tailored to support the resident's stage of life, ensuring their continued dignity, comfort, and peace of mind.
As the population of the U.S. ages, it is estimated that the number of people diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease will increase exponentially. Sunridge Village has provided a state of the-art secure unit - "The Oasis" to care for residents with Alzheimer's and other neurological diseases.
The Oasis Unit, has consistent staff and provides daily routines to our residents in a home-like atmosphere designed to inspire and stimulate their senses. Our goal is to provide
a safe, secure setting where the residents can feel like they are at home. The daily programming seeks to provide mental and social stimulation, thereby helping to draw out the person whose life
has been altered by Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia.
Freedom of movement and choice of activities are paramount to our Memory Care programming and we ensure that each staff member acquires the knowledge to be successful in providing individualized attention and quality service and care.
- Specially trained staff committed to caring for those with memory challenges e.g. Alzheimer's and other types of dementia
- A program and activities structured to engage the mind and foster a sense of home and happiness
- Private and semi-private rooms designed to enable residents to live as independently as possible
- Dedicated indoor and outdoor areas promoting freedom of movement and a sense of security
- Family style dining
- Medication management
- Incontinence care
- Housekeeping and linen service
- 24 hour support
- A welcoming environment where families are encouraged to participate in their loved one's daily activities